We are committed to transparency and accountability. We want everyone to know the outcomes that are being made when people partner with us to care for children and their communities.
As of July 2017
- Lufafa has treated 68 patients.
- 37 Children have been able to attend school with scholastic materials.
- Donors have helped support 16 of the 37 children by making sure they have shelter, food, clothing, and other supplies.
The Clinic in Mafubira
Lufafa has treated 56 burns patients, 6 malaria patients, 1 UTI, 1 patient for bleeding after a circumcision, 2 wounds, 1 child with chicken pox, and 1 child with a foreign body in their nose.
The Children’s Home in Mafubira
Every month Lufafa makes sure that 37 children have their school fees paid and have all required scholastic materials.
16 of the 37 children reside in a children’s home. The others live with friends or extended family. Each month donations go to pay for rent, clean water, food, clothing, and other supplies.
In July, the children received clothes, shoes, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, and sponges for washing. Because of faithful donors the children were able to receive tables and chairs. They will no longer be sitting on the hard cement or ground.
Remember we were not yet a 501C3 nonprofit 🙂
- 31 children had the opportunity to go to school with scholastic materials.
- 18 of the 31 children were provided with housing, food, and clothes. (the other children live with extended family).
- Lufafa medically treated 172 patients.
- The clinic is free of charge. Lufafa serves people in his community, mainly children, who would otherwise not have access to medical care.
Details on construction of clinic in Mafubira
The septic tank building, the ceiling, and plastering was completed. The compound was leveled. Trees, grass, and flowers for designing the compound were bought and planted. Toilet and sinks were purchased.
How were donations spent?
- $3,000 for food
- 3,335 on education
- $700 rent
- $250 water
- $380 power for clinic
- $400 supplies (blankets, clothes, stove, paint)
- $850 Medical supplies
- $1500 Septic tank
- $900 other construction (see above)
- total of $11,315
Donations in 2016 almost tripled compared to 2015. Wow! I’m so thankful for everyone who has partnered with us!